We were very excited to have an article printed in the Vallarta Tribune by Agave Villas own Larissa Magee. Here the link: http://www.vallartatribune.com/2013/12/14/in-the-know-larissa-magee/ and a reprint of the article below.
When I think about Vallarta and what I like to do here, the first things that come to mind revolve around food and drink! Whether it’s a local taco stand, a beach bar, international fine dining or anything in between, this city excels when it comes to the gastronomical and mixological arts!
1) Barcelona Tapas — whenever we have friends in town, a must on the dining list is heading to this great tapas restaurant…not just for the excellent dishes, such as Gambas al Ajillo, but also for the jaw-dropping view of the city and the bay. Plus it’s a perfect spot to catch the nightly fireworks!
2) Tacos de Birria — meat stewed for hours on end until it practically falls apart in your mouth served with it’s own aromatic broth…this is what heaven must taste like! You can find this all over, but my favorite is Robles Birria at Constitucion and Via Carranza in Old Town.
3) Sea Monkey for Dollar Margaritas — ok, sure, there are far superior margaritas to be found in many locations throughout Vallarta, but who can beat a marg for a buck while sitting on the malecon watching the the world go by? Don’t like margaritas? No problem, grab a bucket of beer for as cheap as you’ll find them anywhere in town.
4) Sonoma Grill — this is the spot to go for a ladies’ lunch in the Marina. Bring some girl friends, dine on perfect steak and red wine and then head over to Artepil Spa for gossip and pedicures…perfect pampering!
5) Los Muertos Brewing — sometimes a girl just wants pizza n’ beer…Los Muertos excels at both. With a selection of house crafted brews on tap and stone-oven, thin-crusted pizzas, how can you go wrong?
6) Joe Jack’s — yes, they do have the best fish n’ chips in town, but save room for dessert. My fav – the Butterscotch Pudding with Salted Caramel…when your server asks you if you want bacon with this, say yes!! Trust me, bacon makes it better!
7) Old Town Farmers’ Market on Saturdays — we go hungry to the market since there are so many fantastic vendors selling their scrumptious creations…the only difficult part is deciding what to eat.
Larissa Magee, along with partner Stephanie Watts, is the co-owner of Agave Villas Mexico, a villa rental agency that specializes in vacation properties throughout the Bay of Banderas. www.agavevillas2.wpengine.com