Vallarta Activities and Tours
What makes a vacation memorable and unique? The experiences that you have.
There are so many Puerto Vallarta activities and tours to do throughout the area that the hard part is deciding which to choose. Whether you’re looking for a local’s experience, relaxing pampering or an exhilarating adventure, we can arrange the activity that is perfectly suited for you and your loved ones.
From private, luxury yacht trips to off-roading ATV tours and everything in between, here are some examples of fun adventures to be had throughout the bay area:
- Fishing – both deep sea and inshore trips are available and the waters off the Puerto Vallarta coast are known for some of the best fishing in the world
- Scuba Diving / Snorkelling – with great dive sites, such as Los Arcos and Las Marietas, which are designated as national parks, a variety of sealife can be seen when diving or snorkelling throughout the area
- Luxury Yacht / Sailboat Cruise – the Bay of Banderas is the 5th largest bay in the world and has over 175 miles of coast line. What better way to see it than from your own private yacht or sailboat cruise? Prices vary depending on the vessel and amenities…allow us to find the perfect boat for your adventure. Kick it up a notch…book for a sunset cruise.
- Ziplining – not for the faint at heart! Trek into the jungle for this thrilling adventure of zipping through the treetop canopy. This tour includes Mexico’s longest and fastest zipline at over 4000 ft. Also included in the adventure is tarzan swings, suspended walkways and rappeling off treetop platforms.
- Surfing – travel with your personal surf instructor/guide from Wildmex Surf & Adventure up to Punta de Mita at the north end of the bay (1 hour drive). Great waves can be found for every skill level from beginner to expert. It’s never too late to learn!
- SUP – stand up paddle boarding has taken off in the past few years…come find out why. With classes and tours in both PuertoVallarta and Punta de Mita, this is a great way to get some exercise and see the coast.
- Whale Watching – the Bay of Banderas is a breeding ground for the humpback whale who calls this area home from November to April. Head out to sea to watch their spectacular display of breeching and showing off for their mate. This is a must-do on the bucket list!
- Wild Dolphin Adventure – see these fabulous animals in their natural environment and participate in a research project to protect the dolphins here in Puerto Vallarta.
- ATV / Dune Buggy Tours – head off the beaten track with these adventurous tours. See the Mexico outside of Puerto Vallarta as you head through jungle paths, small villages, and river beds. No experience necessary.
- Food Tours – go beyond the taco as you experience the extraordinary cuisine this beautiful country has to offer. These tours will take you through local neighbourhoods to experience regional dishes and culture.
- Cooking Classes – want to take your knowledge of Mexican cuisine to the next step? These hands-on classes will guide you through local ingredients, cuts, and preparations to send you on your way to becoming an expert Mexican chef! Want a one-on-one experience — classes can be held privately at your villa.
- Tequila / Mescal Tasting – Go beyond Jose Cuervo and that terrible experience you had in college and learn more about this intricate and in-depth elixir. Taste high-end and boutique tequilas and mescals that can’t be found outside of Mexico. Personalized tasting can take place in house at your villa.
These are just some of the activities and tours that can be arranged throughout your vacation, however there are many more adventures to be found. Simply let us know what you’re thinking and we’ll try and make it happen!
Contact our concierge, Maria, at [email protected] today to organize your vacation adventures!